Sunday, February 05, 2006

cny 2006

Cny week was great, but i'll just note some of the interesting events which happened...

28 Jan (Sat)

1. My dad reached home around 5 and he brought back some of the beijing 2008 olympic mascots for my brother. These toys cost 78 yuan each, but my dad got them for free :)

These mascots have their own names which are bei bei, jing jing, huan huan, ying ying and ni ni respectively. Which kindda sums up to bei jing huan ying ni (beijing welcomes you) *funny*

2. Was about to get a shower and get prepared for reunion dinner. As usual, i'll use the bathroom in the master bedroom. I was frightened when i realised there was a lizard on the wall, and tried to hit the wall somewhere near it with the attempt to scare it away. Never did i know that it'll detach itself from the wall and fling itself, falling near the sink. And i was pratically shrieking and jumping in horror inside the bathroom. uh, it took me sometime to get it out from the bathroom with the help of my brother.


3. Anyway, reunion dinner was in janbo cheras, my aunt's treat. I didn't know it was such a big reunion, 2 tables altogether. And food was nice too, the whole set was rm 900++ per table. First dish was the usual yee sang. Then we had 'Buddha jumps over the wall' (fatt tiu cheung).


Just the second dish and we already felt bloated.

There're many other luxurious dishes: abalone, lobster, bird's nest... you name it all.

Lobster... *drools*

As for drinks, there was chinese tea, red wine, whisky, brandy and also sparkling juice.

My brother and i were repeatedly persuaded by our uncle to drink red wine. We shared a glass, and when there was little left in our glass, the waitress came and refilled it. swt.

Those of older generations seem to prefer whiskey.

The dinner ended around 11.30 and by that time, we were absolutely stuffed to the brim.

29th Jan (Sun)

4. Went bai nin. After my grandpa's house we went to mines to visit some relatives, which whom i have no idea how they're related to us. Well, went there with my cousin's family and it was really boring. Denzel kept attempting to capture my cousin's photo into a frame using my phone but apparently...

to no avail :p

5. At night, we had yee sang at home. All in all i had 4 yee sangs this year - reunion dinner, home, another dinner, and chris's house.

Lou yee sang~

30th Jan (Mon)

6. Visited my dad's brother in ttdi. And like any other years, we went shopping in 1 utama after that. My mum suggested that we get a new set of monopoly as the old one is really worn out. Went into parkson, and there were 5 types of monopoly there - monopoly junior, monopoly star wars edition, monopoly malaysia edition, monopoly 70th anniversary editon, and the standard monopoly which we currently own. Agonizing over what to choose, we stood there deciding whether to purchase and which to purchase. Malaysia edition is definately out, junior out, star wars nope, and since we already had the standard one we're left with the most expensive set - monopoly 70th anniversary edition. Costs about rm 270. I wasn't really in favour of getting it but my mom bought it anyway.

Packaged in a silver collectible game tin, this Monopoly version features a foil-wrapped, folding game board, 12 large, chrome-plated tokens, 12 unique hotels in different sizes and shapes, 32 houses in 4 distinctive styles, gold Title Deeds, colorful Chance and Community Chest Cards, 70th Anniversary Monopoly Money, and glittery game dice.

Monopoly seventieth anniversary edition...

Silver collectible game tin...

The game tokens are much larger and higher in quality than the original tokens, and include all-new pieces. An elegant high-heeled shoe replaces the old shoe, the race car has become a stretch roadster, and the dog now stands on his hind legs. Alongside classic pieces like the top hat, horse and rider, thimble, iron, cannon, and wheelbarrow, are a new speedboat, high-speed train, and a bag of money.

12 unique hotels in different sizes and shapes, and 32 houses in 4 distinctive styles.

Our first game of monopoly was during that night, and shawn appeared to be the richest player at the end of the game.

Whoever comes here will be dead meat...

Oh yea, denzel kept clamouring for this uno h2o which is a complete waste of money since we already have about 3 sets of uno at home: the original uno, uno attack, and uno harry potter.

Nothing special, just waterproff cards.

31st Jan (Tues)

7. Visited my aunts house and they were talking about these ceramic garden stool which they bought at a very cheap price and my uncle joked: "see the holes on the middle, mosquitoes tend to get inside and they'll bite your butt. but the holes are useful too, maybe for those who have piles." lol...

Think the picture's bit blurry...

1st Feb (Wed)

8. Went to timesquare with the sole purpose of watching fearless. This time, we booked the tickets beforehand since the tickets were sold out when we wanted to watch in leisure mall the day before. Ugh, not really anticipating this movie, since it's another chinese kungfu movie. Throughout the movie i kept switching positions on my seat, and occasionally leaning and resting my head on the arm rest (a sign of feeling bored). The only thing which caught my attention was jay's mv before the movie.

I have to admit he looks a bit funny and silly acting that way but the song's great.

2nd Feb (Thurs)

9. Well, went visiting with some friends today like what we did the previous years, but this time there were about 14 or 15 of us altogether. Guys: chris, edmund, edward, ern li, jeff, jon, kien yip, loy yang; Gals: ivy, kelly, kiat hwa, lai tee, lee wun, may, pek mun, tam, and i. Anyway, i went home after jon's house for dinner, while the rest decided to have dinner in cowboy delight. Tam kept persuading me to join them in chris's house after dinner but it was rather unlikely to happen as my dad wouldn't allow me to drive at night alone. Anyway, was kindda luckly that jeff was in midah and he would be able to fetch me there. I was at the condo at that moment, and chris sms-ed me saying jeff is gonna arrive in 5 mins. Went downstairs after 5 minutes, but he wasn't there, and he called in the end asking where am i. Apparently, he went to my old house thinking i was there.

Guess that's all. Went to gen japanese restaurant in legend hotel on friday night for japanese buffet, and saturday was boring. It takes painstaking effort to publish such a post with so many pictures and i'm kindda lazy already. :p

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, u miscounted me in the bai lin!!! i was in jon' cat remember??? *sob sob*

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oppps!!! wrong spelling... it is jon's car...

9:01 AM  
Blogger beddi said...

ops! my bad... sorry ya. i thought i noted your name. hehe

7:34 PM  
Blogger -conRad- said...

cissss ... =) ... finally! updates galore !!! I have the Monopoly *forgot what stupid special edition dy ... * ... it was intro-ing the new money bag at that time ... no tin but the box is so silverish... it blinds my eyes *buta dy* X(

8:41 PM  
Blogger Jon said...

eh Ivy, I didn't know i have a cat....lol and the million dollar question is how on earth do u get into my cat???

1:05 AM  
Blogger Jon said...

Anyway cats are dangerous....lol

1:06 AM  
Blogger beddi said...

hi con con!
btw, i love cats. adorable cats btw.

11:51 AM  
Blogger -conRad- said...

I like cats too !!! But I have a stupid dog instead !!!

11:41 PM  
Blogger beddi said...

haha... thank goodness i don't have a stupid dog. my dog's cute too!

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home