Thursday, August 03, 2006

alas. huh?

How do i write a b'day post? I've seen friends blogging about their birthdays, and they go up to the detail of listing everyone who wished them, even categorizing the people according to the way did the wish came. Nah, won't do that. Just in case some of you people forgot to wish me and couldn't help feeling paiseh about it. Or just in case you missed the 00:00 dot(?) and think that i don't appreciate your wish as much. hah!



Well, thanks to those who wished me, whether it's through msn, friendster, my cell, in person... it's getting too soppy already. But yeah, THANKS everybody. Think loy yang was the first to wish me online - he did it through msn, and posted wishes in various shoutout boxes (his own blog's, conrad's, and ivy's) and even posted a comment in my blog since i didn't have a shoutout box. Guess his effort deserves to be mentioned here. Aw, he’ll be all flattered when he reads this. Then came the bunch of sms-es. And a bubble talk from jon. Then the friendster testimonials, phone calls, everything.



The first birthday present i got this year was from jess and pek yiong, the 2 closest people I’ve made friends with in taylor's. Apparently, all 3 of us exchanged birthday gifts on the same day (17/7).



On the day itself (28/7), uhh, what did i do already? Oh, had to pick both my brothers from school and we had lunch in leisure mall. Then, it was off to buy my birthday cake. Had to buy my own cake, it's sad pathetic i know. Anyway, i got shawn to do it for me. I assumed being the birthday girl also bestowed me the privilege to give orders. So, technically, i didn't buy my own cake, my brother bought it for me! It was half choc banana and half choc fudge. In the evening i hung out with jon in leisure mall, he got me a caramel frappucino from starbucks, and we just walked a lil around the mall. And at night, i celebrated with my family. Cut the cake, took pictures, no big deal. It's just like what we do every year, for everyone's birthday.





Saturday and sunday were boring. Had dinner with my aunt's family on saturday night. It was my mums idea, to give my aunt a birthday treat (for her birthday of course, which was a week ago). But i don't think my aunt even knows that it was my birthday the day before. Hmph, was half expecting an extra ang pow. Almost whole of sunday was spent practising the piano, from 12 noon onwards, shawn and i took alternate hours to practise. Speaking of the piano exam, its... devastatingly depressing. I think i've screwed up. Those butterflies in my stomach seemed to have interfered with the coordination of my fingers, and i was shivering because it was extremely cold that my hands were shaking even when i played the keys. Got so nervous that i couldn't get a 'B major third apart' right on first attempt. It's one of the easiest scales! Aural's totally gone, it's hard anyway, blurted whichever chord that came to my mind, and uh... i don't remember anymore. All i could remember is that i got a lady examiner who exclaimed 'good afternoon!' once i entered and her name’s manya horn.



Monday – piano exam in the morning (sigh), then drove to the weld to meet my mum for lunch. In the evening, there was this party that my bunch of secondary school mates pulled together to have. It’s supposed to be a surprise thingy, but i somehow found out. And this was how.
When ivy first called my house phone to talk to my mum, i was the one who picked up.
So, she said: “hello, may i speak to mrs. chai please?”
Like i always do, i went: “sure, please hold on”
Then immediately i thought *weh, that sounded like ivy*. Calls mum, gives her the phone while saying: “this’s strange, but i think it’s my friend on the phone”
While they were talking, i tried eavesdropping, and i heard my mum saying something about ‘monday’ and... lots of ‘okays’. Once she hung up, i transformed to my inquisitive self and started bombarding her with questions about it. But she never let out any clue. Well, guessed it anyway ;)
So, it was around 9 that i got to my condo (they’ve gotten the keys from my mum and had everything prepared earlier). I’ve already knew that they were there, but when i first got in, i noticed there were no shoes outside, and the lights were all off, like no one has entered. It was only when i started turning on the lights that they came barging into the living room and i got sprayed with whipped cream all over. And instinctively, i let out a tiny shriek, then they came with the cake. Now that’s a surprise, i’ve never expected that. Blew the candles, cut the cake, i changed into my brother’s t-shirt which i dug out from his wardrobe (since i don’t keep any clothes in the condo) and after that time was spent gorging on the food, chatting, playing cards and cam whoring. It was nice, they’ve ordered pizza, bought fruit juices, sushi, and oh, we had plenty of whipped cream. Oh, thanks for all the pressies! Although I know half of you there don’t even know I have this blog.



So formal. I look as if i've just came back from uni. That's because i had piano exam earlier in the afternoon.



Food.



Us. There were 15 of us altogether i think. Back row (L-R): jon, lai tee, ken choong, loy yang, michelle, loke, conrad, chris. Middle: tam. Front row (L-R): kelly, ivy, me, kiat hwa, pek mun. *edward left before this pic was taken.



Wednesday – Met min in 1u. And i’m proud to say i drove there myself without getting lost. Yeay. Anyway, we were supposed to meet at 4, but I arrived like, 40 minutes earlier? Called min, like what he TOLD me to, but he was still at home, obviously. So i told him i’ll walk around first till he gets his derriere there. And when he finally got there, we first went to... cuz he wanted to buy a... all because of him being unnecessarily self-conscious. lol. And all they way he was ranting and heaping the blame on me for rushing him. Blah blah, all that done and we headed to the cinema. Min bought tickets for dorm, a thai horror movie, which turned out to be all gushy and mushy, which, apparently made me jumped on my seat once (twice according to min - he's lying). Had dinner in tgi friday’s. It was between sri melaka, chilis and that, as usual i was indecisive, so min devised this little ‘game’ thingy which led us to our answer. We ordered chicken fingers and fries, something roast chicken and mocha mud pie (min insists that i must try the mud pie), and i must say, it’s... heavenly. *Hungry now* Anyway, the dessert came before the main course and halfway through my meal, i was already beginning to feel satiated. Think we both left the restaurant stuffed to the brim. Reached home around 10.15 (didn’t get lost, thankfully). Oh, thanks for the movie, dinner and pressie - again. Bet you're tired of hearing it. Cuz i'm tired to saying it as well. hahaha :p



Finally got this pic.

2 Comments:

Blogger CyRu5 said...

Think loy yang was the first to wish me online - he did it through msn, and posted wishes in various shoutout boxes (his own blog's, conrad's, and ivy's) and even posted a comment in my blog since i didn't have a shoutout box. Guess his effort deserves to be mentioned here. Aw, he’ll be all flattered when he reads this.

ntg to do... jus wanna highlight tis part... haha!!

3:35 PM  
Blogger beddi said...

what the... cheh. thought u wrote something long tim.

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home